Read this document The Federalist Paper No 51 and create a reflective journal (below) & answer the questions below:
- What kind of relationship should the branches have according to Madison?
- Why is government necessary?
- Why does the author say there is a need for separate houses for the legislature?
- What two reasons does Madison give for dividing government?
- What impact would this proposed government have on minorities, civil rights, and religious rights
Hopefully, you all are well rested and ready for a fun and exciting 2018. You should be very proud that you will get the very best version of Government I have ever taught. This is the website that you will need to go and visit frequently (DAILY). Check it out and get familiar with it. You can ask questions directly on the website. Also, if you subscribe and follow the website, it will email you when updates occur.
You do have assignments on Day 1. This class is a busy one and requires work so you have to stay on top of your game.
- Get the syllabus signed and returned by Thursday January 11th
- Tuesday January 16, Type a 2 pg (12 pt Times New Roman Double Spaced 1 in margin) paper on whether or not the American Dream is dead? Explain and please cite if making references.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or check the Important Information tab.